WHERE I STARTED!

WHERE I STARTED!
This is actually from last summer. You could prorbly add 10 or so pounds to the large one down there.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard

I haven't been here in a while and for those who might check this regularly sorry for that. One of the reasons that I think that I haven't been writing is that working out and trying to change my eating habits is just what I do. In the beginning it was kinda big deal to me. It has definitely gotten easier. I work out with Jeremy twice a week just as always. Each week we do something different. I have been pretty good about working out on my own the other days. Notice that I said pretty good. I have my ups and downs.

The eating is tough. I don't always search out bad food and when given a choice I do pretty good about choosing the right food. The problem is when me and the food are just sitting around the house together. The other day Jenny made the kids some cinnamon rolls, homemade cinnamon rolls! When I came come and saw them on the counter it became a test of wills. The will of the cinnamon roll to have me eat them won. Also over spring break we made home made ice cream. Now I am sure that many of you have had homemade ice cream. That is something that is hard to eat in moderation. I also took a trip to see my parents and one of my brothers. We all went out to eat at a hole in the wall fish restaurant. I ate way to much fried catfish & fried redfish. I stayed away from the french fies not that it mattered but...

It is funny when i am used to eating good, i takes some time to start feeling good again. Bad nutrition is something that I feel. That is a good thing, it its another source of accountability in a sense. After eating bad it was harder to exercise as well. I still worked out over spring break but it didn't feel as good. The work outs with Jeremy were much harder the Monday and Wednesday following spring break as well.

I really must also say that I am getting discouraged. I feel like I have worked my butt off (literally and figuratively) but have not lost any weight. I have been loyal to the gym & really watching what I eat (with the exception of the ice cream and fish). So when the scale doesn't move it really makes me mad. Is this worth it? Is the pain worth it? Is all the time it takes worth it? I know my clothes fit better, People say they see a difference but man show me the scale!!!!! Everyone has really been supportive and telling me that muscle weighs more than fat, and its not always about the scale, and if you can see results its there etc, etc etc. But you know I am doing this to lose weight! I know its worth it, I am not quitting but it is discouraging.

Norene explained to me that since the working out and eating healthy is new, the body will hang on to the fat and water for a time. She said that once I reach the edge of the plateau I will drop a lot at once. She also said that the incident with the fish and the ice cream is enough to start the process all over. She said that the body says ahhhh more fat we can make it and it holds on to the fat for even longer.

So the way that I understand this, and I hope its true, The working out is good, but... my bad eating habits even though it was just once, caused me not to lose weight. Man I have to get it together.

At a group meeting with Eric and Lisa (the other big winners). I found out I am the only one that is not still food journaling. I am doing this again. I think this will be pretty good. I don't mind doing it and now see the benefits of it. That will be a start.

1 comment: