WHERE I STARTED!

WHERE I STARTED!
This is actually from last summer. You could prorbly add 10 or so pounds to the large one down there.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One of Those Days....

I must confess.... With Jenny's aching mouth she is limited to what she can eat. She asked me on Monday to stop and grab her a malt on the way home, who can go buy one and not get them self one? Don't judge me! I had my alarm set to go off early Tuesday morning, but managed to snooze for an hour, as luck might have it i got up at my regular time. I was up and off to work. I felt sluggish all day.

After work I picked Lauren and Jack up and headed home. I changed clothes and jumped on the treadmill to work out. I am trying to work up to do some running, I figured that I do pretty good on the elliptical, lets step it up on the treadmill. Every time I cranked the thing up to a running pace though, the breaker would blow. So lets go back to walking, fast-ish. After I finally got the thing going and in stride the kids came in. Daddy how much longer? Daddy I'm hungry? Daddy can I try? Daddy... Daddy.... Daddy... Alright I'm done. I did around 20 minutes or so. That was not a good workout. For supper that night I cooked a good meal that I had talked with Norene about. That night Jenny, who still can't eat went for a milkshake. Don't judge me!!!

Today I woke up and headed off to work. I felt sluggish all day again today. I tried to figure out why the last couple of days were tough. I was almost falling asleep while sitting up in a conversation. The only difference I could think of was the milk shake before bed. I did not have one today, lets see how tomorrow goes.

After work I picked the kids up and we hung out here at the house till 6 30. We headed up to St. Matthew for the Wednesday lent service. Another great prayerful service. After the service I headed up to Huguley to meet Jeremy. I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it. I wasn't quite dreading it, but I wasn't looking forward to it. The workout wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong he kicked my butt! It hurt, but I made it through and felt good on the back side. I still hate lunges....

Here's a couple of side notes. As I said earlier I want to start running. I would like to run a 5K or 10K. Jeremy gave me a workout to prepare. A few months ago I watched my brother in law Rob run the Houston marathon, it was so inspiring. I don't know if I will quite be ready to run a marathon but I have to start somewhere, Bit by bit, I will be running soon.

As far as me... There are good days and bad days. Some days I have to really make myself workout (see Tuesday). Other days I look forward to it. The leaving to work out is also hard around the house. I'm gone a lot of evenings. When I get home I read my Bible, blog, shower, get lunch for tomorrow packed, and on and on. I think that Jenny gets tired of me being gone and coming to bed late. I will try to get up early more often, but man do I hate getting up any earlier than I have to. I need a am workout partner who could meet me at about 5:30 am. Not sure if that would make a different but who knows.....

I have really been trying to work on eating slow, not eating when I'm not really hungry, and stopping when I'm full. It's not as easy as it sounds. I got into a conversation with a co-worker about this today. He said will-power, you just do it. He couldn't quite understand it's just not that simple when your 300 + lbs. If I could just have "will power" this wouldn't have ever happened. Step by Step though, just as with the working out, I'll get there.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo...I made it on the blog!!! All jokes aside, keep it up man! I enjoy reading about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob I'm telling you it was awesome. You inspired me.

    ReplyDelete