WHERE I STARTED!

WHERE I STARTED!
This is actually from last summer. You could prorbly add 10 or so pounds to the large one down there.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The First First

The first first was my first meeting at Huguley. At the fitness center I met with Teri Foreman the director of Fitness Services, Norene Sofranac the nutrition counselor, Jeremy Barnes my new trainer, Rick Carruth the cameraman, and an encouraging visit from Pastor Rick.

At this meeting I was given more information about the program that I would be starting. You see it works like this (you are about to see the way that Huguley stepped up because this is awesome). We get 12 weeks membership to the center, Two 2-hour meetings a week with a trainer, and a weekly meeting with a a nutrition counselor. Not to mention the entry and exit assessment. This is a great program, and i would like to take this time to thank everyone that made this happen.

So we are in a meeting room at Huguley and I was measured and filled out my membership paperwork. I then did a couple of questioners. Next I listened to Norene. As Norene spoke I was inspired. I am not sure if she said these exact words or if this is something that I imagined, it also sounds a bit cliched, but she is going to change my relationship with food. She talked about why people eat and how we are going to change this. (As I learn more I will share it here.) [{here's another side note}This morning I was in J.J. Mocha's and ran into Rick Carruth. Rick told me how inspired he was just from listning to Norene. He said he wanted to stop and ask questions. ( as I said this thing is awesome)]. The first thing that I will be doing for Norene is filling out a log of everything that I put into my mouth, the amount, hunger level, and emotion. The trainer I will be working with , Jeremy, was sick. He was kind enough to stop by and meet me. When Pastor Rick stopped by I overheard the two talking. I heard Rick tell Jeremy that he was glad that Jeremy was one of the trainers doing this. Hearing such praise from Rick really made me feel good about the trainer that I was going to begin my journey with. After my meeting I briefly met Lisa, another Biggest Winner.

I am on my 3rd day of filling out a food journal. In the past I knew that i ate when bored and restless, angry, etc. however having to write it down makes it different. As I put a cookie in my mouth and think WOW, I'm restless and bored.... and the hunger level is at about a two.... WHY am I eating this... its no wonder i'm a fattie! I am not suggesting that it's changed any behavior yet; but I at least think about it. I am looking forward to learning to change my eating habits, just the 3 days of logs are eye opening. If my eyes are already open, the changes that I make will definitely help MAKE IT STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment