WHERE I STARTED!

WHERE I STARTED!
This is actually from last summer. You could prorbly add 10 or so pounds to the large one down there.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

In The Beginning

Please excuse the post if it is a bit brief. As I mentioned in my first post, I really had no intention on blogging, but since I couldn't get out of it, I am having to back and do this after the fact. After being chosen I was excited. However, the more I got to thinking about it, and telling friends about it I became a bit nervous. Now don't get me wrong, I was and am still excited, but the thought of 100's of people following my progress... and holding my accountable... was a bit unnerving. I didn't want to let anyone down. So that was that, I decided not to let anyone down.
I AM GONNA MAKE IT STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before I go any further, I realized I never explained my motivations for applying for this program. If you take a look at my family tree there are some pretty thick limbs above me (if you get my drift). I always chalked my size up to genetics and let it be. Oh sure, there were times that I would get a bit depressed or inspired to do something about it... but that would usually give into complacency. This is not what I want for myself and definitely not what I want for my kids (Lauren 6 and Jack 2). If we don't make a change in our lifestyles at home.... the chances of my kids suffering the same fate be great. I have lost weight before with dieting only to gain it again. The lesson I learned with this is that a diet will not work, this is going to have to be a life style change. A life style change for me, Jenny and our kids.

Alright so back to the story. I decided not to let anyone down. My first task was an assessment. I was summoned to the assessment center behind Huguley Hospital. When I arrived at the assessment center I was taken to the testing area. For those who haven't been there this a place where some of the greatest heroes in the world are tested. I am testing next to Ft. Worth firefighters. This was a bit humbling. It was here that I met Eric and Rick. Eric is one my fellow winners and Rick our fearless cameraman.

At the assessment we were given a battery of tests. The tests included blood work, sit ups, push ups, hearing, vision, flexibility, breathing and the dreaded treadmill. I did great on the flexibility test.

Since the assessment was over, it was time for the hard part. Waiting for the program to begin.

Hey I just realized this post wasn't so brief after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment