WHERE I STARTED!

WHERE I STARTED!
This is actually from last summer. You could prorbly add 10 or so pounds to the large one down there.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday....

Today got off just as every other day. I woke up at 3 am with a 2 year old climbing into my bed. I sure liked it better when a crib was a cage and that didn't happen. Now he has a full size bed and comes to mine 2 out of 3 nights. I woke up when he crawled into bed, I woke up when he sleep kicked me. I woke up when he threw his legs over my chest. I woke up when he put his feet between me and the bed. I didn't wake up when the alarm went off. Finally got up and took a shower and off to work.

I wasn't very sore this morning. I felt as if i had worked out, of course I had, but no pain. I noticed my pants were a bit loser this morning so i cinched the belt another hole. I take this as a small victory. Several weeks ago I was on the Last hole, I am now on the third hole (granted its tight enough to cut circulation off to my lower extremities, but it is in the third hole.) One thing that helped me reach this is the Daniel Fast. Jenny and I started the Daniel fast mid way through January. I lost weight doing this and it was great start for the program that I am on now. When we started it I hadn't interviewed for the Biggest Winner yet. It worked out so that the 21 day fast was over the day I started the Biggest Winner. A great blessing from God.

I got home from work and changed to go to the gym to do my cardio. While in my closet hanging up my shirt I decided to try on some clothes on the right half of the closet. The right half is the half that I don't go to very often. It was another small victory. I tried on several favorite shirts that no longer fit. I am not ready to start wearing them in public, but i can button them without fear of the threads popping and buttons shooting out like bottle rockets on the fourth of July.

I got through playing dress up and headed to Huguley for cardio. I got to Huguley and went up to the top floor and found an elliptical machine to ride. I was looking forward to the workout. I am glad that I look forward to it and am enjoying it right now. I did 30 min. on the elliptical. I was tired. I wanted to get off and switch machines at about 10 min. I didn't switch and at 15 was ready to switch again. I held on and made it to a full 30 min. After I broke the 15 minute threshold, the exercise became easier. This is encouraging. It lets me know that if I get through the initial discomfort, pain, fatigue, or other adjective you want to throw in there, I can do it. I even got faster toward the end.

I got home and ate supper. After supper I played with the kids, bathed Jack, and put them to sleep. I spent 30-45 minutes on my bible study. After reading my Bible I did my at home exercises that Jeremy gave me. Eventually I will talk more about these exercises, but not now. I don't like it, I am not good at it, and a bit embarrassed at my performance in this basic exercise, but this is why I am doing it at home and need to work on it at home.

Its 10 pm, I love the Olympics but don't care for figure skating so I think that I will head to bed now. I have to get up 30 min early to get in my cardio in the morning because tomorrow night I work out with Jeremy. Tomorrow will be busy. After work i meet with Norene , the nutrition councilor, at 5, church at 645 and Workout at 8, so I need my rest. g'night

No comments:

Post a Comment